Cohiba Blue Robusto cigar review
Cohiba Blue Robusto cigar review
7/22/2026
Who doesn't know and recognize Cohiba as one of the most famous and best cigars? I've smoked a lot of them and just realized I haven't written one review for them. They ain't cheap but you will be guaranteed a perfectly rolled and smooth smoking experience. The Dominican brand always delivers a smooth smoking experience. No, it's not like the Cuban brand, but still keeps the prestige of the name.
I bought a 20 cigar sampler of all robustos, 5 of each flavor. This one is about a half inch longer than the other robustos and has a Honduran San Agustin sun grown wrapper with Honduran binder and Honduran, Dominican, and Nicaraguan fillers. I think it's been resting in my humidor a good year.
Check out cigarbid.com for some deals. I think I paid about $3 a piece. Not bad considering they are almost $10 a stick at most websites.
These have always burned good and keep an even burn without issue. Lights up easy and instantly pulls a ton of smoke. It goes great with the Sazerac bourbon.
Hondurans usually have a slight bite to them. I don't taste any bite, only a creamy and slight sweet, woodsy taste. And I mean right away. That's what you're paying for, great flavors 100% of the time. Can't really start off better than this one.
Burning great. Has a sweet and spicy flavor. I ran out of bourbon and had to switch to a flavored rum. The rum is way too sweet. It makes this cigar taste like a Criollo. That's what I'd call it. I'd say this is the sweetest of the Cohibas.
Still very smooth and still medium. Not mild like some of the lighter Dominican Cohibas.
It's burning pretty quick. I think this one probably burns the same time amount as the other 3 Cohiba robustos but this one is a little longer and looser roll. Makes it pull more smoke and really brings out the smooth but dominant flavors.
It's pretty damn strong now. Leaves a nice woodsy flavor with a good sweetness but not tingling your tongue. Just a bold flavor with subtle flavors on the edge. It's a flavor bomb that is still smooth and creamy.
Super easy smoking. Great for a nice and warm Wednesday night. Got about 40 minutes into it and it's getting into the last third.
I think it's changed flavors again. Now it is more cedary and darker. Similar flavors as before but more aftertaste now. Still good. Now kind of has that Honduran bite but a good one.
It's definitely a perfectly rolled smoke. Is it worth $10. Yep. Will I buy again? I will. But I'd like a longer smoking one. But it may not be as good and this one lasted about an hour, which is enough. This one just delivers all its got and it is very satisfying.
It's definitely a finger burner. Got to get your dollars worth and it pays you back with a fine finish. No harshness at all, just double shot of all of the said flavors. Never hot, even until the end. A great finish.
93
Complexity 94 taste 92 value 90 burn 93




Comments
Post a Comment